Tuesday, April 9, 2013

tricia rose synopsis

I think that when Tricia Rose says both sides are wrong its great.  Every side can have their own opinion. It doesn't mean that necessarily that side is right. In all honesty I don't really listen to hip hop.  I don't really understand what the difference between hip hop and rap is.  I know a lot of rappers swear and curse.  Sometimes rap can be degrading towards just about anyone.  But at the same time rap/ hip hop can be powerful and can come across really well put really well said.  When I used to listen to rap/hip hop, I really liked Tupac.  I like the older rap music better then the newer stuff. I think who is to define whats good and bad in hip hop. I think when Tricia Rose says "Hip hop is not dead, but it is gravely ill." I could very well agree with that statement.  I think maybe if they rived hip hop or rap, like the days of Run DMC, Beastie Boys, LL COOL J, Missy Elliott that hip hop/ rap would be in a much better place then it is at right now. I feel like the days of old hip hop and rap were better.  Nowadays I don't know what to think of.  I do have one question though. What is the difference between rap and hip hop? I never understood the difference. Is it the same thing? For me I don't understand the use of the N word never have never will.  To me it is extremely offensive. In all honesty I don't get why any one uses it.  I understand people try to reclaim words, but why such offensive words?  A few semesters ago I heard a amazing speaker Marco McWilliams speak. Now if everyone could hear him speak I think they would understand where this world is at and where this world will continue to be at if we don't progress.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that the N word is a word that should never be used. I personally, have never used it and do not plan to, but that is just me. I'm not really sure why people use it but it is a degrading word and there really is no use for the term in this day and age.

    ReplyDelete